Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pre-Departure [1/22]

Hello and welcome to Thomas's journal of his experiences abroad in New Zealand.  I will be studying abroad at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand from January 24th, 2013 until mid-June 2013.  This is a new Boston College 'internal' program and I am privileged to be a guinea pig down unda for BC.  My good buddy from Minnesota, Tommy Steichen, has returned from his BC abroad experience at Otago this past semester and had great things to say.  All indications point to an exciting trip ahead for me, and I am thrilled to share this experience with family, friends, acquaintances, and enemies that wish to read my blog and enjoy.

This has been a wonderful Christmas break in Colorado jam-packed with friends and family, but now it is time to head westward to a country that is celebrating SUMMERTIME right now.  Classes don't start until mid-February, so I will be sure to document my activities in the warm weather over the next few weeks.

Packing is underway.  Thinking about listening to the unabridged version of War and Peace by Tolstoy on the airplane (it's supposed to be a fantastic book despite being the longest book of all time) but apparently it runs 70 hours and my flight is only about 13-15 hours.  So I don't think that'd be accomplishing much.

Thank you to my parents for giving me the opportunity to take part in something like this.  I am not sure what to expect, to be honest.  Please keep me in your prayers!  Storytelling and keeping a journal has always been a passion of mine and I hope that this blog will help me do that.  Please pass this onto anyone that may be interested-- friends, family, and friends of family. 

G'day.


No comments :

Post a Comment